Saturday 14 April 2012

Feeling twice dumped

I know, not very up-beat posts lately but in between the posts, life is very fine.
But back to the matter at hand.
Having been dumped after a some-what short relationship with a man, I also feel like one of my dearest friends has done the same.
She started seeing a man in late January and this guy has now been introduced to her children, while I'm really happy for her, I barely get the chance to see her.
Between other newer friends and this man, I seriously feel like she has no time for me.
The thing is, I'm not even asking for a lot of time.  But where we would grab a coffee after school drop off or afternoon tea while the children played together, now nothing.
It's always, "sorry, but I'm meeting _____ (new friend) for coffee" or "sorry, but ______ (new man) is popping over".
I'm coming to the point where I'm wondering how much more effort should I be putting into this friendship.  I feel like the friendship that we had, which has been a strong friendship for the last 8 years is disappearing before my very eyes and I don't know what to do about it.
I wonder if I've done something to offend her?  Or if I've done something wrong?  
I've tried talking with her and she has said that she too feels like there is a gap here, but I don't see any signs of her changing how things are with us.
I do wonder if I'm blowing this out of proportion and whether I should simply be happy that she has found someone.  Am I jealous?  Yes, of course.  I would love to meet someone that I felt strongly enough about to introduce them to my child.  But this isn't it.
She talks about doing stuff but there is never any follow through.  I've suggested new destinations to visit with the children too, but no date is ever set.  Either that or I'm too late.  It's this feeling of being brushed aside.
So what do I do?
Do I do anything?
If so, what?
Or am I just making a mountain out of mole-hill?
I'm missing my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment