Tuesday 27 September 2011

Trials and tribulations of online dating

I keep trying this as a possible resource for meeting a new partner, but without much success.
I have just finished a month's subscription to the Guardian Soulmates.  My profile had been active since July but without much interest, then just at the end of August, an interesting chap emailed me.  In order to respond, I had to subscribe, so I did it for a month.  The chap and I exchanged many emails and then moved on to texts.  And then there was nothing.  He did not reply to my jovial text.  I waited a week and then gave up.  I have no idea why he didn't continue our conversation but it left me feeling a bit despondent.   I'm about to go into a crazy, busy 8 months and so I decided not to renew and maybe try again later.
My best friend joined after me and has managed to already have one date.  In fact, many of my friends have met their partners online, so why am I finding it so difficult?  I've sent out emails, I've 'liked' various men but had no response back.  I wonder what it is about me that does not interest others enough to even have a curiosity about me.  I want to meet someone and I want to share my life with someone.  Should I stop wanting it and get on with my life?  My sister thinks that if I stop looking, it will happen.
So, I'm going to try not to dwell on it.  Patience will have to be a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment